The APTA North Carolina is authorized under the North Carolina General Statute 21 NCAC B.0108 to:
- approve continuing competence credit for INDIVIDUAL programs/activities
- approve PROVIDERS of continuing competence activities who can then issue credit for their own programs that meet the Rules for the Standards of Continuing Competence Activities under North Carolina General Statute 21 NCAC 48G.0107 without additional review.
II. APPLICATION PROCESS
A) Application for a PROGRAM approval
If you want to obtain continuing competence approval for a PROGRAM you are organizing or presenting, please click here:
- Once your program is approved, you will be responsible for sending a copy of the attendance records for the program to the APTA NC within 30 days of the the activity.
- The APTA NC will supply all necessary information to the NC Board of PT Examiners and will maintain all records required by rule to answer any future inquiries or audits from the Board.
- The fee for this is $100 for an individual program/activity.
B) APPLICATION TO BECOME A PROVIDER OF CONTINUING
If you would like to become a PROVIDER of continuing competence activities, please click here:
- Once you have completed the application demonstrating the ability to meet the standards of rule .0107 for an appropriate activity, you will receive a provider number that authorizes you to issue continuing competence credit for any number of future programs that similarly meet the rule standards during the term of approval.
- As a provider, you will be responsible for maintaining records of all activities provided for a period of at least 4 years that support the appropriateness of continuing competence credit, and for sending attendance records for all activities to the NCBPTE within 90 days of each activity.
- You would also be responsible for responding to inquiries or audits about those activities from the NCBPTE or the APTA NC.
- The fee for this is $150 per year.
C) INDIVIDUAL (ATTENDEE) REQUEST FOR CONTINUING COMPETENCE CREDIT FOR ATTENDING A PROGRAM
If you are an INDIVIDUAL PT or PTA who would like to receive continuing competence credit for attending a program that meets the standards of rule .0107 but has not otherwise been approved in this or any other state, please click here:
Application for such credit must be made no later than 30 days after attending the program, but should be made in advance of the program whenever possible.
- You will need to submit sufficient information about the program and presenter to establish that it meets the standards.
- The fee for this application is $25.